Here is a list of some typical occurrences or problems to look for in the systems of a house. This home inspection checklist is followed by the most reputed inspection companies in the United States.
- Are any bricks missing or flaking?
- Is there a crack or a break in the masonry cap?
- Does the chimney look like it’s leaning?
- Is the peak or ridge sagging, or is it in level?
- Is the roof slumping between the trusses or rafters?
- Is there any sign of deterioration, such as warping, curling, rounded corners, broken edges?
- Are there any vents on the roof?
GUTTERS AND DOWNSPOUTS
- Is there any peeling paint or rust?
- Make sure that gutters slant toward downspouts.
- Are there any leaks or sagging sections?
- Are there any cracks or flakes on the bricks?
- Search for any missing mortar
- Is the paint deteriorated?
- Are the exterior walls…
View original post 20 more words