- Quality of Neighborhood – The National Association of Realtor’s 2012 Profile of Buyers revealed that neighborhoods are really important, but that neighborhood choice varies by household structure.
- Convenience to Job – Commuting is a necessary evil, but homes that are close to work enhance work-life balance, a growing priority for many Americans, especially Millennials. Central locations are highly desirable.
- Overall Affordability– With job markets tight and retirement funds diminished, it has never been more important to keep housing related costs as low as possible, ideally no more than one third of one’s pre-tax income.
- Quality of Schools – A recent survey by realtor.com revealed that nearly 45 percent of today’s buyers are willing to pay a premium for quality schools as they make plans for starting their families.
- Homes suited for the next 15 years – Not too long ago, buyers were looking to stay in their homes about 10 years. Today’s buyers…
View original post 200 more words